Friday, September 10, 2010

School ...and a Recipe!

Yes, she's sleeping...standing up!
Three weeks of all-day Pre-K for a gal who does NOT take advantage of her Kinder Mat (oh, give me that mat!), has taken its toll. After emptying the trash can to find some good reading material she's had it!

That's kinda the way I feel after 2 hours of science and geography homework with my precious teen who doesn't understand a lick of what we're doing. I'm learning more than I even knew I forgot!

And now for the recipe. This is not mine ~ I got it from my friend Brandon, and it's so easy and yummy I have to share it!

Chicken & Rice
1 lb cooked, cubed chicken
1 cup rice, uncooked
1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup water
Mix all ingredients and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Cover and bake at 350 for 1.5 hours or until rice is done, removing foil the last few minutes for browning.
*I doubled this, and it needed a little more water. But we ate it all - gulp! It was delicious!!! Thanks, Brandon!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

ohh so sweet!!!! I remember Conner's first day of Pre-K - it was his birthday - he slept through the would be celebration! Poor sweeties!

Jodi said...

I think we will be trying this recipe tonight - how did you know I needed a new idea for tonight! Thanks for sharing!

Martha said...

She's not tired from school, digging in the trash is exhausting! Gonna try that recipe!

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

What a sweet and funny pic! I can't even sleep sitting up yet standing. lol

That recipe sounds yummy...might have to give it a whirl.

Looking forward to my candles...always love your candles!

Your header is great and your newest is precious as ever!

Love and blessings,
Robin

Cari said...

I just made this tonight and my crew ate it up! Thanks for sharing it, because that's my kind of cooking...nice and simple. :)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...