Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Sandwich

My friend Lori is an amazing cook!  Lucky for me (and you!) she shares some of her secrets on her blog.
I love how she takes simple things and makes them delectable!!!  Who knew?!?
I buy French bread from W*l-mart all the time to go with homemade soups, but I never thought to do this...


It is just as delicious as it looks!  Lori's recipe is here!  I tweaked it a bit for my our taste.  I don't like to sweat when I eat, so I eliminated the jalapenos.  I used shredded Mozzarella cheese on the bottom half, shaved Cure 81 ham, and shredded pizza blend cheese on the top.  And I had to use two loaves for this Krew.  Oh.my.yummy!

And I think I promised I'd share the recipe for this *again*


One Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 stick unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
3 tbsp milk
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350
Add the stick of butter to an 8 or 10 inch cast iron skillet and melt over medium-high heat.  Once melted, stir in sugars and vanilla and remove from heat.
Whisk in egg and milk, then stir in the flour, soda and salt.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes till cooked through.
*we actually prefer gooey*
Serve warm from the skillet.
*The skillet is HOT*



Now, go be a hero!
In one simple post I've given you an entire meal :)

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...