Tuesday, May 12, 2009

REFERRAL (make it plural!)

PA ~ we got the call at 9:48 tonight!
I know y'all are wanting pictures first so here you go ... and then I'll start a series of posts sharing the goodness of our mountain-moving, awe-inspiring, miraculous God!

Announcing Ms. Kinley Grace! Isn't she beautiful!

But wait, there's more:
Announcing Mr. Kooper Joe! Isn't he gorgeous (and slightly ornery)!


No, they are not siblings ... yet, and no, they are not in the same orphanage or even province. But they are forever our daughter and son!
Plural Referral, Part I
On April 14 I responded to a burden the Lord had only recently placed on my heart by sharing it with my husband and asking a handful of friends to pray. Through a series of circumstances, conversations and events, unbeknownst to us, God was perfectly orchestrating a journey that would change our hearts and the direction of our steps. He had broken my heart for older waiting children, the ones near aging out of the system.
Once I shared my heart with Clayton we began to pray together, struggling with the seeming impossibility and impracticality of this notion. God continued to remind us that He is not practical – He is miraculous.
We prayed for a week, and on Monday, April 20, Clayton told me I could call our adoption agency and ask if there was even a possibility we could adopt two children at the same time, a waiting older child and a waiting SN toddler. I was so frightened to ask the question because it seemed like such a crazy notion, but my heart wouldn’t let it go.
Karla and I talked about it, and she made no promises except to ask C*AA if they would grant special permission for us to do this. The following entry is from my prayer journal:
… We asked ‘the question’ to Karla today. Our request will go before C*AA soon, if not tonight. I am boldly praying for “Yes.” God has to orchestrate every step here and move a lot of mountains, but if this is His plan for us, He will make it happen. I want to boldly pray His Word back to Him. Psalm 5:3 … in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. v7 - But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house … v8 – Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness … Psalm 16:2 – You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing. V7 – I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. Psalm 25:14 – The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.
Wow! God is my best friend! The more I seek Him, the more He will reveal to me. The same God who created the Universe wants to reveal Himself to me!
Psalm 27:4 – One thing I ask of the Lord; this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in his temple. Psalm 37:4 – Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
It is midnight and finally I am exhausted and have to sleep. It’s in His hands.
Part II to follow ...

Did I tell you God is good! Praise Him!

33 comments:

Andrea said...

A WONDERFUL WONDERFUL GIFT.
I know that you are over the moon.
You do know that you are paving the way for other families.
I cannot wait to tag along on this really awesome journey.
Love you , My friend.
Praising The Lord with you.

Andrea

trina said...

I'm all in tears..happy tears. Praising God and thanking Him for you...that you were called to something so amazing...and He is and will take care of all the details. Kinley and Kooper are so beautiful/handsome!! Wow!! I cannot wait to hear the rest of the story.

Amy said...

All I can say right now is...GOD IS SOOOOO GOOD!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Marjorie said...

Congratulations!!! What a wonderful God we have! I am so excited to follow you on this journey.

Kim said...

WOO HOO....oh yea, oh yea, oh yea....PRAISE GOD!!!!

I am over the moon with excitement for y'all....I can't imagine how excited you must be!

They are both BEAUTIFUL!!! And oh how I love ornery :-)

Love you!
Kim

Jill and Rick said...

WHAT WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! I am just in awe of our Lord and the plans He holds for all of us.

LOL, I love to read about your family now ~ can't even imagine how fun it's going to be in a few months!

Jill

Shelly said...

Wow, Wow and WOW!!!! Not just one blessing, but two!!! Congrats to you guys!

hollym. said...

Connie!!
Congratulations! Both of your newest children a Gorgeous!!:) Now get out of bed, I just got home from work and I HAVE TO GIVE YOU A HUG!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!
God is so GOOD!

Cindy said...

Dear Connie,
Double Happiness to your family!

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news and congrats on your TWO PA's! Kinley and Kooper are both adorable, I see how you couldn't resist but question is...which provinces?

Can't wait to hear more of the journey!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well - some people sleep at night and didn't get to see this until morning...
;)
You guys *know* we are more than thrilled - not only for you, but for Kinley and Kooper!
We love you guys and are so honored to be able to walk this road with you!!!

Sweet Pea said...

Two more precious children that will have an awesome Mommy and Daddy and brothers and sisters that love them. How exciting! I'm anxious to see all the great things God has planned for this journey in your life. CONGRATS!!!

Sooner Girl said...

Greetings from China! Congrats on the PA! God is good!

April said...

Woo Hoo! I am doing the happy dance with you! I am so excited and God is so Good! What an exciting journey that awiats you! Blessing to you and your family!

Love~
April

Pam said...

Wow Connie! Whatever you were going to say....I wasn't expecting THIS!!!! Wow!! Praise God for His blessings!! I cannot wait to read more. Congratulations to your family! And to those precious children who now have a family to love them!!! Praise God!!! :)

Lori said...

I just want to be a fly on the wall when that boy comes home and sees brothers and sisters, a mom and dad, A FARM to play and work on, Christmases, Easters, Thanksgivings, etc.! He is going to KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt there is a GOD!
And sweet Kinley will have to learn pretty quick to get tough with Miss Kambry and Kaeleb around. OH! What fun!
Why am I always amazed at what God can do? He is God after all!

Mom to my China Posse said...

You know I have been looking at that banner with the stork carring two babies for a couple days and wondered if it was 2 kiddos but then I thought............. Couldn't be. lol..... I love miracles!

Tina said...

A big congrats! Funny when I saw the stork holding two children I had in the back of my mind there might be two announcements! God is so good. Can't wait to hear you have approval to travel.

Tina

~Mis-Wen~ said...

:) So glad for the Johnson family-I wasn't kidding about that book thing you know! LOL! We will be praying got continues to bless each and every step to your new additionals!

LOVE!
Wendy

Gail said...

Praising the Father along with you. God is so good. Congrats on your PAs.

Anita said...

I have been following your blog for several months now and have to say PRAISE BE TO GOD FOREVER MORE FOR HE IS STILL IN THE MIRACLE GIVING BUSINESS!!! Blessing to your family and may your children be in your arms ASAP!!

Steve and Darcy said...

WOW!!!! I am totally amazed! I am so excited for you all! WOW!! That is all I can say - except that praise God - 2 more children are coming home to their family!! Congratulations - you will all be in my prayers!!

Jodi said...

Way to go Jesus! Amazing! A miracle!
I knew y'all could stop at an "odd number"!
I love miracles!!!

Congratulations!
Can't wait to hear Part II!!!

Love ya,
Jodi Sue :)

Mark and Lori said...

That is MY God! WooHoo!

Tammy said...

CONGRATULATIONS x 2!!!! :) You've got some more great looking kids there. I'm so glad you finally got PA. I know you were dying to post about what God did for your family. I can't wait to see all of you together.

Anonymous said...

Two year olds and Teenagers :) Yeehaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad to see the photos! You guys are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to watch it all through your blog.

Thank you Lord!
Gael

Jboo said...

Wow!! Congratulations x 2! How absolutely wonderful!

Janet

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Hallelujah! Hallelujah!
Thank you Jesus!
Lord you're worthy of all the glory and all the praise!
It makes me wanna shout...
Hallelujah!
WOO HOO!!!!!!!
Mr. Kooper is SO handsome! LOVE the name!
And Miss Kinley I'm sure is beautiful but I cannot see her pics b/c my computer is so picky about pictures! Will you please email them to me? Pretty please? ;)
Oh, and praying scripture speaks to my soul...especially the scriptures you prayed..thank you for sharing that!

Gina said...

Oh Connie! Beautiful children! You are so blessed and they will be too! Congratulations! Gina

tanya fifer said...

Oh! We are on vacation and I just now was able to check! I have been praying for these children and am SO HAPPY to finally see their faces! Congrats to the Johnson family! Can't wait to see Kinley and Kooper welcomed into the Johnson clan!! God is sooo good!
~Tanya

Barb said...

I, too, noticed the two babies being carried by stork. Thought something was up. It is so "amazing" that God worked to allow China to grant you two children. I would never have thought they would. You have set a precedent I think. It never hurts to ask. Congrats!!!!

Barb, Fred, Ciana and Kai

Kim said...

YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!! I went to sleep after checking your blog one last time and what happens? ...the news. We are so thrilled for you guys!!! Kinley and Kooper are both gorgeous! We cannot wait to follow this journey.
God truly is awe-inspiring, mountain moving,and totally amazing. We are praying that everything moves in God's perfect timing and that He totally prepares your children for their new family.
Love ya
Kim S

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Connie I am so happy for you and your family. Your newest blessings are beautiful!

Nicole said...

Beautiful! Perfect! God-ordained! His PLAN A!!!
Love,
-Nicole

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...