Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Don't Ya Love it...(updated)

...when your son says, "You going to town today?"

"Wasn't planning on it. Why???"

"We have an 'opening ceremonies' competition tomorrow...and I need black pants, black shoes and a white shirt."

...of course, son. Right after I jump in my time machine AND water the money tree...
argh.

****Whew, I knew I wasn't the only mom dealing with this! Just so ya' know, I do get the less-than-24-hour-notice too. This call occurred on my way to town...

"Mom, do you have your checkbook...cuz you need to stop by the school NOW and pay for my FFA jacket. Oh, and I will also need a black belt and black socks to wear tomorrow for the competition...since you're going to town."

6 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh my gracious, that sort of thing happens about every other week in our house.

The latest request?

A pair of swim flippers.

I kid you not.

Jodi said...

Love it!!! NOT!!! I now how you feel babe! :) Have fun in town! :)

Martha said...

I think all the moms in the country relate. Have fun in town ;)

Jean said...

Oh yeah, that's an argh!

At least he gave you a 24 hour notice! He coulda waited to the morning of!

It's at times like this that I do the shop at home thing! wear the brothers pants, the other brothers shirt, the dad's shoes and belt. Unless of course he is bigger than everyone- then ya gotta go shopping!

Mandi said...

I have to agree with Jean, I usually get something like "hey mom, I need money for this and and that" as they are walking out the door.

Gotta love the kids.

Oh, and I used to hate when my parents would talk about the money trees, and here I am now doing it with my own kids.

Hugs,
Mandi

Martha said...

You know, I KNOW this is not funny, but your update made me laugh. You gotta laugh, right?

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...