Friday, October 8, 2010

Cheese Festival - Day 1

I have to start by saying I'M TIRED! We sold a total of 12 mums, 1 candle and 1 bow today. Not exactly what we were hoping for. But truth is, no vendors did very well today. People just weren't buying. Which brings me to the point of this post ~ we simply can't put our faith in people, but rather in the Father! He is sovereign! He knows we still have 48 mums left. And we know that tomorrow is a new day, and His mercies will be renewed! We know He will be with us tomorrow, and we know at the end of the day when we add up the dollars, they will be exactly as He planned.

Here's the story of the day:
Yesterday when we were setting up we met the vendor across the aisle from us. He is a character! Reminds me of my brother Clint, (a sprinkle of Jerry Clower humor, an ornery streak and doesn't know a stranger) . We learned he loves kids, family and his late wife. We barely got in the door today and he met us with a smile and a $100 bill. He said, "Put that in your 'kid' fund."
We knew immediately that God had met us there!
Praising Him in advance for what He's going to do tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Such a great story!!

Praying for a successful day tomorrow!!

Lori said...

I love people like that! Glad he was obedient!

Chris said...

I keep reminding my self to be one of those obedient people.

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...