Friday, February 15, 2008

Another "waiting" weekend

Ready ... set ... go! Go pack, go call the travel agent, go crazy, go to China! I think CCAA has had ample time to get back to work and process our TA, but they haven't indicated on the agency-access website that they've done so. And so we wait.
I spent the afternoon with my dad, and I'm heartbroken over his response, or lack thereof. I prayed that God would give him clarity for quality conversation, and that prayer was answered. However, he simply refuses to make a decision for Christ. It's as if he's saying, "I'm not going to die today, so I don't need to decide today." I reminded him of the abundant mercy God has shown him over the past 61 years, and he agreed. I reminded him that none of us knows when we'll take our last breath, and he agreed. I told him that to accept Jesus is not throwing in the towel, but rather living life to the fullest and realizing this life and this tired body is not all there is! And as my God would have it, Pastor Doug made a surprise visit while I was there. We all chatted some more, and Doug asked Dad if he'd like to make a decision right now, to which he replied, "No, not today."
I just want to cry. Monday, Dad is being moved to the nursing home, and I can't begin to tell you how I feel about that. I think it will be a good thing though because he will receive physical therepy five days a week, and my mom will stay with him. We're going to take the kids to visit tomorrow, and that will brighten his day. We've got a busy weekend with another livestock show and plenty to do ... but not so busy I forget I need to hold my son!
..."My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."... 2 Cor. 12:9


Sherri said...

I'm praying for your dad.


jason said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill and Rick said...

Connie, we continue to pray for your father.


You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...