Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Book Review ~ Inconceivable

When I was asked by TLC BookTours to review this book, I barely recalled the Carolyn and Sean Savage story hitting the news in September 2009. Probably because our lives were also changing forever as we flew to China to receive our Treasures, Kooper and Kinley. But I digress.

This book tells the incredible true story of a couple's selfless love and the decision to give the gift of life while giving away their last chance at expanding their own family.

Sean and Carolyn each share, in diary form, their entire pregnancy after learning someone else's embryos have been transferred into her body by mistake. They do an excellent job sharing their emotions and the difficult decisions they never expected to have to make in their attempt to have another child.

Even from the beginning of the book I had so much respect for the Savage family, and by the time I read the last page, I respect and admire them even more for the way they handled this difficult situation. They clung to their faith and the love of our heavenly Father. I actually thought about the birth mothers of my Treasures as I read this book, and while I have no clue the circumstances, I thank them for giving the gift of life.

1 comment:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thank you so much for being part of the book tour. I'm amazed and horrified that something like this can happen, but amazed and proud of the way the Savage family handled it.

- Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...