and since my people ate most of the two pans, I guess we can call it a hit!
I'm making two more pans for freezing today.
I got the recipe from HERE
1 — 2 jars red pasta sauce (just depending on how “saucy” you like it)
1 box penne pasta (cooked & drained)
2 — 3 Cups mozzarella cheese
1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
Pizza Toppings of your choice (we used pepperoni, about 30, but you can add black olives or whatever!)
1. Spread a thin layer of sauce along the bottom of a pan (prepare pan with cooking spray first)
2. Place 1/2 the pasta noodles on top of the sauce.
3. Arrange half of your pizza toppings on top of the noodles
4. Top that layer with mozzarella. I used a little less than half so that the top would be a little more cheesy!
5. Continue layering with the other half of the ingredients. Top the whole thing with the remaining mozzarella & sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30–45 minutes (until the cheese is bubbly & the top layer starts browning just a bit). You can remove foil for the last 15 minutes or so.
I served it with baked potatoes, french bread and salad.
Go, be a hero!