Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's in a name?

Don't you absolutely love it when God's fingerprints are all over the place?!? Just now I was ordering Kasidi's care package for her birthday this month (from my favorite place Ladybugs N Love!!).

When I entered the Chinese characters for her name I realized I'd never translated her name - good grief! BUT GOD!

From the moment I saw this Treasure's face, I knew if she was our daughter we would name her Joy (and Daddy agreed). I mean, look at that face! We needed a six-letter first name starting with K, and it didn't take long to agree on Kasidi...so Kasidi Joy it was!

You will never in a million years guess what this character (quite possibly her nickname) means~
JOYFUL!
God, You are so good to me!

11 comments:

Lori said...

The character looks like a home and that is what you are giving this chubby little bundle of joy! God is so awesome, so very awesome!

Anita said...

LOVE it when we see the Lord in the details of where He is taking us...especially to our children! :) She's such a cutie pie, Connie!

Rachel said...

Wow! I love the way God works!

Jodi said...

He is incredible!!!!!! I agree with Lori! :) Only God!!!

Laine said...

Precious Connie!

Serving the King said...

Oh praise you Jesus! I love this Connie!!

Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME!

trina said...

I love her! She's so precious...and certainly will be such a JOY. trina

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Oh my word...she beams with joy! What a precious one!! Those cheeks!!!
That is so amazing! Our Mia Hope is little Miss Perseverance...and that is what her Chinese name meant. Love it!

LJ said...

I believe it! Her joy just shines on her face. Such a blessing

Cari said...

That's amazing! Love that story.

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...