Sunday, May 5, 2013

Can You Say Bacon??? (a recipe)

When the pastor challenges me to make a breakfast casserole "with like a pound of bacon in it", that's a mission I'm going to set out to accomplish!  After all, there are some things you can never have too much of: bacon, cheese...and bacon, to name a few.

I found this recipe on allrecipes and adapted it by adding slightly more cheese.  The only thing that would make it better is adding more crumbled bacon on top!

I refrigerated it overnight so I could just pop the pan in the oven on Sunday morning.  P.e.r.f.e.c.t.!  This is not a breakfast casserole with soggy bread and a hint of meat :)

Bacon Breakfast Casserole
1 lb. bacon         1 medium sweet onion, chopped
7 eggs, beaten     2 cups small curd cottage cheese
6 cups frozen shredded hashbrowns, thawed
2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

Cook the bacon.  (I've started cooking my bacon in the oven - thank you, Kim, for that little tip!)  Crumble bacon and set aside.  Add 1 tbsp of bacon grease to frying pan and saute the onion.  Then combine all ingredients, including bacon, in a large bowl.  Mix well and pour into a greased 9x13 pan.  Press down with a spoon and bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes.

Go be a hero!





No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...