Monday, June 21, 2010

What's Up?

I promise I'm not gonna bombard ya'll with ALL my simple recipes :) In fact, next week we'll be at youth camp and I probably won't post at all. And speaking of Falls Creek, can you pray for us?

This week we've had two blond teenagers sick. Virus. Fever. Pain. They need to get healthy, and we don't need to pass this around.

Because a week from today ~
Mama and Kuyler will head to camp as sponsors (along with some other pretty amazing folks);
Kolton and Kenzie will be youth campers;
Kinley will be Mama's camp sidekick;
Kayden, Kambry and Kaeleb will be at their Aunt Sheri's for the week;
Kooper and Dad will be holding down the fort and making sure everything is in order to start picking corn soon after we return!
I can't wait for Falls Creek! But I always miss my babies. And I'm concerned that Kinley will not sleep well (we start our in-cabin devos at 10:00 p.m.!). And I fear she will wake up in the night and want to join me in my twin-two-inch-thin-mattress. There's just no room, sweetie!

What's up this week?
1 ortho appointment
2 ortho consults
1 ENT appointment
1 softball game
softball tourney
packing
clearing all the work off my desk...

Anyway, here's one of my favorite after-church meals because it can be on the table in 30 minutes...at which time the family devours it. I call it:

Sausage/Pepper/Pasta Stuff
4 cups bow tie pasta, prepared according to package
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 lb smoked sausage, fully cooked, sliced thin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
In a LARGE skillet, melt butter and saute veggies until tender. Add sausage, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Add cooked, drained pasta to skillet and toss to coat.

3 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

YUMMMMY!!

April said...

My daughter loved this so much ~ she cooked it for us one evening!!! It is very yummy!! Looking forward to Falls Creek too, Kinley and Emily are going to do awesome!

Jodi said...

I will have to try this too! Sounds yummy!!

Praying for y'all at Falls Creek, April you too! Have a great time!
And what a great time for Dad and Kooper too!!!
Praying everyone is well very soon!

Love y'all!
Let us know how the Dr appointments go!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...