Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I've Been Meaning to Tell You

Something pretty amazing happened recently, and I've wanted to share it.
I just didn't know how to put it into words.

But then something else pretty amazing happened, and I realized I needed to figure out how to tell you.
So...this week a donor gave to our Nikon fundraiser and expressed how disappointed she was that she'd missed the $500 gift card fundraiser.

She was disappointed not because she wanted the card, but because if she'd won it, she wanted us to keep the funds and invest in Khloie's ransom.
Imagine her surprise when I told her that's exactly what had happened!

My friend Jodie won the gift card.  I was surprised she didn't respond to my early morning "you're-the-winner" email quickly.  Later that evening I heard from Jodie.  She said the Lord has blessed her family so much that she and her husband didn't want to claim the gift card, but wanted us to keep the funds to apply toward our adoption process!

Why was this difficult to share?

Because in all our fundraising efforts I never want y'all to think we approach them with the hope or attitude that we won't have to award the item.

We realize that every good thing comes from the Lord.  We also realize that you don't have to give to our fundraisers.  But you do!  Many of you give to every single one of them!

We have also seen that when we are faithful to give, the Lord returns the blessing!  It's so much easier to let it go when we realize it's not ours to begin with.

We've given some pretty spectacular items that were not kept by the winners, but donated to other adoptive families or families in need.  It makes my heart sing when someone is rightfully entitled to a reward and they choose to give it away, to forfeit it to another.

It reminds me of what Jesus did for me on Calvary 2000 years ago!  He was entitled to royalty, honor and glory.  And He gave it away, forfeited it to me and to you, as He took all my wretched wickedness to the cross and died an agonizing death.  Thank goodness that isn't the end of the story!  He rose again and He reigns victorious over death!  And He loves our Khloie.  And we know she will come home.

So, to my friend Jodie, I'm sorry it took me so long to share this.  To my friend, Kathy, thank you for spurring me on to share.  To everyone who loves us so much, THANK YOU!



1 comment:

Marie said...

Aww! Thanks for sharing. Here I was hoping that would happen...kept thinking how cool it would be if the winner gave back the gift card!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...