Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Anything?

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Philippians 4:6

I love opening my journal every morning and lifting your requests to the Lord! It's such a privilege to be able to intercede for one another.
Some of you have even sent me updates already!
Don't worry if you haven't; I'm still praying for your original requests.
But bear in mind, my prayers don't change God's plans! My prayers change my heart, my perspective, my relationships.
If you do wish to update me or be added to my prayer time, feel free to email me.
I've been meditating on Phil 4:6, kinda out of necessity these days.
"Do not be anxious about anything." Really? Anything?
What about the BIG stuff?
What about the small stuff?
How many things happen in a day that can cause us anxiety? Anytime we're in the presence of other people is a good example. I think about my reaction to the things people say and do.
And instead of opening my big mouth I have the opportunity to give it to the Lord. I can talk to Him about it. And if I choose to do that instead of respond in haste, He always calms me. Every.single.time.
Then there are so many 'unknowns.' Especially when we seek and follow Him. But seriously, is He going to mislead us? No way!
Then there's the way in which we are to present our requests to Him ~ with thanksgiving! I l.o.v.e. that! I love being able to thank Him before I have any evidence of a positive outcome. But I know He is faithful and trustworthy, always!
So, that's how I'm lifting your petitions to the Father.

And can I ask you to pray for us?
After 3 weeks of an amazing harvest, suddenly the crop is showing signs of major damage. So much so that Clayton went to the field three times yesterday, walking through the corn, opening ears, searching for the 'perfect' produce.
We don't know if it's due to the extreme heat or not, but we do know we can't sell corn like this.
Our plan is to remove the damaged corn and start picking again August 20th, for approximately one week.
There are LOTS of problems with that. Since we stopped picking last week, we're talking about three weeks of no corn. Some customers are tired of waiting, some are losing interest and some are simply busy getting ready for school. Which is another thing ~ we won't have any help.
And I suppose I could go on about the problems, but I don't want to.
Because we serve a God who is sovereign! This is no surprise to Him. How are we going to respond to the prospect of a huge loss? I'm going to give Him thanks! This is His crop, after all! And if we look further into Philippians, we see 4:19 ~

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

AMEN!


9 comments:

MotherOfTwo said...

Thank you, Connie for having the integrity to only sell quality corn. I purchased corn the other day from a local farmer for $4/dozen, and it had worms, missing kernels, etc. Needless, to say, I will not give him anymore of my business. But you and your hubby on the other hand will be blessed for your conscientious stance. I believe this for you! Continuing to pray!

Jennifer said...

Thank you for this post, I needed it today. :)

Unknown said...

I needed that Scripture today...thank you! Praying specifically for you today - breakthrough & blessing!

Jolene said...

I am praying for you.

I bought corn today from a local farmer and as I sifted through perfect ears of corn I thought of you. Seriously, a wagon full of sweet corn reminded me of you so you've been on my mind all day!

I am praying for the miracle needed to save this bountiful harvest!

thesleepyknitter said...

Love this post! Sounds like you have plenty to pray about, both for your own situation and for others.

But since you are willing to pray for others :-), I have three requests related to adoption.

The first is for our two-year-old son, Logan, who has Fetal Alcohol Effects from his birth parent. Just yesterday we realized that he has troubles with his visual tracking, which will effect his ability to do well in school and other areas (when he's already got so many troubles). I would ask God to lead us to the right solutions for this "new" trouble or even to provide outright healing. (Phil 4:4-7, by the way, are the "life verses" that we have chosen for Logan, and we read them to him every night before bed, even as we are in inner turmoil as we try to live out those verses.)

The second prayer request is the usual adoption prayer request -- funding. We've paid about $14K so far and are needing another $14K to complete the adoption.

And the final prayer request is that our travel time to bring our eight-year-old daughter home from China would happen in early December, which would, from our earthly perspective, be for the best on many different levels. :-)

Thank you for your prayers! It matters that we pray. And I will pray for your requests! God sees us and hears us and knows our requests, but likes to hear from us anyway, just as we like from our children to communicate their wants and needs to us even when we already know what they are.

Michelle said...

Connie,
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to pray for YOU! You have been good enough to pray for our current adoption situation, and I am more than thrilled to be able to pay back in prayer.

Michelle

CK said...

Connie-
I will 2nd Michelle "Thank you for giving me the opportunity to pray for YOU!" You have prayed for us and I am honored to pray for you. Your faith, your spoken words (His word!), your example challenges me daily. May God bless your faith and obedience.

Amy D. said...

Connie...
I will be praying for you...you most certainly deserve the prayers, as you continue to be a prayer warrior for so many!

I also could use the prayers right now, and your scripture spoke volumes to me!! We have had major flooding in the past few months. Our basement three times, our old house (which has been on the market fior three years!) flooded two times, and this past weekend, my husbands office building flooded...and since it is an "act of God" it will not be covered by insurance. We also are in the process of adopting our for the third time (7th child) and are so strapped due to the flooding and two mortgages.

Stress is reigning in our home, and we are feeling defeated. Please pray for our peace, that God has a plan for us, and for why this is happening. We need to have renewed faith that our awesome God is in control, and all will be ok.

I thank you my friend, for ts ministry. It is just awesome!

God Bless!

Amy

TanyaLea said...

Oh Connie ~ I love this 'thankful' post! I think my favorites are daddy loving on his baby girl and big brothers playing with the 'littles'...I loved that shot through the storm door... too cute! :) Every photo was awesome in its own thankfulness, and I think it's neat that you took the time to document it here on your blog.

I'm trying so hard to be better about reading blogs again. I'm so hit and miss these days... but the thing about that is that I truly MISS all of you. Especially my bloggy friends who's families I have been following for years now. But it all takes time, so my first focus is the home front and my children and doing my best to raise them up in the way they should go. Some of you supermoms amaze me... I don't know how you manage to do it all, and do it all SO WELL!?! :)

Know that you are in my prayers, too. I know what a prayer warrior you are for others, and it blesses me to be able to pray for you in return. I love the integrity of your family, and I know that God will provide and see you through this storm... I believe there are some great crops/harvests in your future.

Sending love and hugs your way!!

OXO,
Tanya

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...