Thursday, July 9, 2009

Not me... not yet

So it's confirmed, I am aging not so gracefully! Ever since my last eye exam I've had difficulty focusing when reading, even when I'm wearing my contacts or glasses. So I stopped by the doc's office today just to make sure they gave me the right prescription. After a few questions and a delicate mention of my age, she handed me a pair of +1 readers, put a document in front of me ... and I could focus. I'm not going down without a fight :) I'll live by the sweet words of my precious Kayden, "Mom, you may be old ... but you don't look it." LOL!

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Poor dear- I am with you!

Mom to my China Posse said...

I am right there with you. My arms aren't long enough anymore for me to read that fine print. I will be visiting the eye doctor SOON!

Lori said...

Bless you! You fight hard! Good and hard! Squint until you have massive crows feet . . . um . . . wait . . . we don't want those either . . . So, cross your eyes until you see two of everything and at least one of those two are in focus . . . wait, they might stick that way . . . Aw, just get the readers! But the first sign of gray you color those bad boys!

Tim said...

Are you sure it isn't the heat? 100 degrees would be hot enough to make most folks squint.

Then again yesterday's bifocals are no longer called that. Politically correct they are now graduated lenses.

Perhaps a graduation is on order?

April said...

Glasses (or how ever you want to call them) or not I still love you! According to Falls Creek, you were getting funnier, but was still the smart one, the glasses will just show everyone else.... :0 LOVE YOU GIRLFRIEND

Sue Darnell said...

Just throw in the towel and get some really wild, cool looking readers. It really makes life a bit easier in the long run!

LJ said...

LOL! I'm right there with ya! I saw a dr. when I had trouble focusing...the first thing they asked was "Didn't you just turn 40?" What a blow! LOL Now I just buy the funkiest little reader glasses I can find.
~LJ

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...