Monday, September 14, 2009

Power Verse

Isaiah 55:9, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." (NIV)

2 Chronicles 16:9, "For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him." (NIV)

These were the power verses in my devotion this morning, words I so needed to hear. We are in a time of trusting that His ways are higher, much higher, than our own. While it isn't wrong to trust our means and resources to solve problems, it is sin to trust them more than God! His plans are better, His timing is perfect, His resources are unlimited... He is sovereign! The results may not be visible at this time, but we know He is ALWAYS trustworthy and faithful and the battle is won.

He is strengthening us. We are praising Him!

Thank you, Lord, for knowing what we need, even before we do, and satisfying ALL our needs. Please help me to trust YOU and praise YOU in ALL things. In Jesus' name, Amen!

2 comments:

Mary Mom said...

Thanks Connie,
Its a good Word to hear and remind me that God is in control. Hard to remember when the world keeps throwing the darts at ya though!... Glad for people like you that help to remind me to put God first and trust in Him.
Mary Lovejoy

The Ferrill's said...

Connie, I'm praying for you everyday! I know in the end we will look back at this time and see how much we grow closer to the Lord in times of waiting on Him to move....not always easy to see clearly in the process, but as I learned and continue to re-learn, sometimes the glory is in the PROCESS!
LOVE YOU!

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...