Monday, September 14, 2009

An Orphan's Prayer

"An Orphans Prayer"
I am waiting...somewhere far...far away on the other side of the world.
I may not know who you are or what you look like, but somewhere deep in my heart I know you are out there, that one day you will come and find me.
It's a long journey, and it takes a lot of time...I wish it could be easier.
But I know the ones that come for me will not count the cost.
They will only see the joy in finding me.
For now I abide in the fields of the fatherless. Day by day wondering why I was born here and not somewhere else? Asking why my life couldn't have been different?
It is so lonely.
Even though I am surrounded by hundreds of other children, I know that something is missing...I know in my heart I need a place to call home. My arms long to be wrapped in a father's embrace...I long to be saved by a mother's love...
Gazing out the orphans window, I offer a prayer of hope, "Oh God please help them come quickly."
Even as I lay in the darkness each night somehow I feel assured, that no matter how lost I appear, I am not alone. Holy hands guard my steps; sacred fingers wipe my tears, touching my lonely heart. The one who made me, the God that knew me before I was born, hears me every time I call. He whispers His promises in my ear. I listen with hope to His voice.
But what I worry about most is that no one wants to look for me. The fields are vast and there are so many scattered all over the earth. I wonder how one little child, so lost, can be found?
Yet He calms my heart and assures me He will find you. That He will make sure that you hear His voice clearly. He has promised me that he will make a way through the fields, that He will personally cut a path, and lead you right to my orphanage door.
My prayer is....When He speaks...Please don't forget to listen...When He calls don't be too afraid to go. For I am waiting...somewhere, far...far away on the other side of the world to come home.
~Anonymous

3 comments:

Erica said...

Connie,
Sorry I have been MIA for awhile! Things here at Weatherford are really busy! I studied my butt off for Sociology test and received a D on the test and I knew all the material so I have been trying to make that grade rise! You know how it goes lol!
On another note I really love this poem! It really makes you stop and think and my trip to Guatemala really showed that to me! I miss you all greatly and thanks for sharing so much of your life with all of us! Love ya all

trina said...

I just linked your poem to a post that will be up tomorrow. Amazing how our hearts are the same and we feel led to post the same topic at the same time. Hugs. trina

Erica Hami said...

Talk about touching... Can I borrow this poem?

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...