Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Praise YOU in the Storm


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all troubles... 2 Cor 1:3-4

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. 2 Sam 22:33

The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock. Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior! 2 Sam 22:47

Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise from the ends of the earth... Isa 42:10

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. Isa 43:2

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isa 41:10

We have so very much to praise Him for! Even if no good thing happened today, He would still be worthy of our Praise because He is God! And yet, He does not withhold His good gifts from His children.

We are wading in the waters of trouble right now, but I CHOOSE TO PRAISE HIM! I cannot change troubling circumstances; I cannot change people...but I know One who can. I also know that all things are for HIS PURPOSE and HIS GLORY, even when they seem like razors to our flesh. I cannot see the big picture (and thank You Jesus, that I can't!). And I know that tomorrow has enough trouble of its own, so I can't worry about it. What I CAN do is immerse myself in Truth, stand firm on Promises and lift my hands in praise...no.matter.what!

Lord, I lift Your name on High!



6 comments:

MotherOfTwo said...

I have been and will continue to pray for your family, Connie!

lizzielou said...

Praying for you all Connie, you have been on my heart these last few days as God brings you to my mind to remind me to pray. xoxoxoxoo

Jennifer said...

Praying for you all Connie! Thank you for this post...it is a blessing. :)

Jennifer said...

Sometimes God calms the storm...sometimes He lets the storm rage and He calms His child. Praying for you.

Stacy said...

Connie,
I am your neighbor to the north (Kansas) and have been reading your blog for a couple of years now. I love your family story and am in awe of how you do it all.
Not knowing all the details of your struggles right now-from where I stand, you seem to handle things beautifully. If I'm ever in your situation, I hope I handle it half as well as you!
Praying for your family,
Stacy

FourMileFarm said...

Thank you for sharing this - it was just what I needed to be reminded of today. Although it feels like my heart is breaking, I am reminded that HE is in charge, and HE IS GOOD.

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...