Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Progress Report

Some have asked how Kooper's home schooling is going, so it's high time for a progress report.
School has been in session for three and a half weeks, and this has been the best one by far! We start at 8:30 and are finished around 3.
Since we've started, he:
can say the alphabet
write the alphabet in caps and lower case
count and write to 100
is reading Bob Books 5-8
is reading his first real book ever
is almost finished with Section 1 of Rosetta St*ne
is reading one story per day and explaining it to us from the Chinese/English Children's Story Bible
is learning multiple digit subtraction using borrowing and carrying
is doing 100 timed math fact sheets
has learned the nouns in the living room and is working on the kitchen
is not using the translator
is still learning how to treat the teacher and follow instructions - lol
...let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
Heb 12:1

9 comments:

Gwen Oatsvall said...

C, of course you can link to me ... they are not my words, but the FATHER ... thanks for the encouragement .. I may need to talk w/ you about homeschooling one day !!! blessings sister !!

Erica said...

Connie,
I am not telling you anything you already don't know but structure repition and encouragement are the keys to educational success! Give him three more weeks and he will be dividing lol:) He is smart just not willing but will get better! Keep up the good work:) Love ya girl if you need me I'm always here!!

trina said...

Amazing. I'm so happy it's going so well. Can you come teach my kids, now? teehee. Your school sounds like fun. trina

Adeye said...

Oh my goodness...in just a few short months--I think he is doing pretty darn fabulous! That is amazing, my friend. Just amazing.

Wow.

Love you! Keep doing what you're doing. You're doing fantastically.

Andrea said...

You are doing a great job!!!
I bet you even LOOK like a homeschool mom! LOL!

April said...

LOL to Andrea!!! Connie Im so proud of you and how you are doing everything you can to perserve through the day. Kooper is doing wonderful, I had no idea he could do all that!!! Amazing! Keep up the Godly work, Your doing fantastic! I love you my homeschooling friend!

Love Always,
April :)

Martha said...

Wonderful progress! A gold star for Kooper and a gold crown for his parents.

Cindy said...

Praise!
Thanks for sharing the progress and keep the faith. Your family is such an inspiration. Any Kinley updates too?

The Ferrill's said...

Wow, I am amazed at his progress, Connie!

Praying for you, friend!

Love you!

Too bad I can't use a phone on the airplane to China...I'd have LOTS of time to chat! Oh well...let's not wait until I take a road trip again before we talk! ;)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...