2007 has been an eventful year! Some things I wouldn't want to experience again but have served as valuable life-changing lessons.1) I don't take my good health for granted. My dad is now in his 5th year battling malignant melanoma which has metastasized to his brain. It was discovered in 2003 during a routine medical exam.
2) While I've always lived by my own slogan, "procrastination breeds motivation," it does not serve me well these days. I accomplish as much as I can every day, realizing the things that didn't get checked off were not high priority anyway.
3) Turning 43 and having 3 kids under the age of 5 and 3 kids over the age of 9 is just where I want to be!
4) I can do almost anything with 1 hand and 5 fingers while carrying a 28 pound toddler.
5) No matter how busy my life is, relationships are the most important investment.
6) I can successfully mop a floor with 6 other people in the house.
7) I have re-defined "clean."
8) A mini-van will hold 7 people and 2 weeks worth of groceries (as long as everyone holds their fair share :)
9) I must take time to stop ... and play Candyland! While I'm very task-oriented, I'm learning to enjoy the fleeting moments with my children. I have the rest of my life to grow my business ~ right now I just need to stay afloat!
10) While patience is not a virtue I possess, I have learned that waiting on God's perfect timing is always best.
11) My home may be full, but so is my heart!
12) I can do everything through Him who gives me strength! (Phil 4:13)
13) I praise the Lord for friends and family who have stood by us, even when they thought we were crazy.
14) 2008 will be a year of new blessings and challenges. I can't wait to hold my son!