Monday, January 21, 2008

So glad to report good news!



What a difference a day makes! Dad's oncologist prescribed a sleeping pill, and it worked! Both of my parents slept last night, for the second time in nearly 3 weeks. I even spoke to my dad on the phone this morning. While I know his status can change in an instant, I am grateful for the sweet moments we have. My mom wants to go to work the last 3 days of this week, so each of us kids will take a day and night shift in the hospital with Dad. My day is Wednesday, and I am praying for clarity and rest. My mom really needs hope to cling to, and we serve a God who offers just that. And speaking of work, mine is suffering so I'd better get to it. Thank you for praying unceasingly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers will be with you and your father tomorrow. I'm still praying for a few lucid moments when your daddy can tell you that through all of this, he has met Jesus.

Please Father, move in his heart, cut through the confusion, and give him another opportunity to meet You. Thank you for the mercy and grace that I know that you are showing him even in the midst of this "hell" that he is in. Give Connie the strength, emotional and physical, that she needs, and grant the same for her precious mother. Thank you for Clayton, a godly husband, who knows how to step up to the plate! You are a good God even in the midst of this nightmare. We praise You for that! We thank You for enduring the pain of sending Your Son for each of us, including Connie's daddy. Please, please OPEN HIS EYES TO YOU!! Thank you, Jesus! Amen

Anonymous said...

Connie,
i haven;t checked your blog in awhile and had no idea what you and your family have been going through!! I will be praying for you all and especially your Dad.
Naomi

Anonymous said...

Connie,

Your mom is in my prayers! My heart goes out to her and I know our God is the God of Hope! MAy he bring exactly what she needs throug this season and abundant hope.

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...