Sunday, April 29, 2012

Uncertainty is Awesome!

*off topic* but regarding my new blog header, I can either have a ginormous picture or one that is off center. having it off center bothers me a lot, but I can't seem to fix it in the few moments I have to try. so please accept my apologies if it bothers you as much as it does me :)

Uncertainty
It seems like a negative thing, right? But my devo today puts it in perspective. Recently I've gone back to reading Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, and wow, is it just what I need!

"...it has not yet been revealed what we shall be..." 1 John 3:2

"Certainty is the mark of the commonsense life - gracious uncertainty is the mark of the spiritual life. To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation. We are uncertain of the next step, but we are certain of God."

I find myself questioning 'tomorrow' more than I should recently. Since adding school to my seemingly already packed schedule, many days I question whether I'm doing the right thing...and I even question the outcome. But I clearly recall how God presented this opportunity, and it's the fact that He is the source of it all that keeps me going. I don't need to keep wondering what each 'tomorrow' will bring; I need to anticipate with joyful expectation what God is going to reveal as I seek Him above all else.

I already know that my plans will fail. And I know that His plans cannot be thwarted. So as I draw nearer to Him, I can be sure He will work out His plans in me, and all for His glory! As uncertain as I may be about tomorrow, I am completely certain that God is faithful!

2 comments:

Shonni said...

Beautiful post, and that devotion is one of our favorites!!! I was just talking to my mother about the Bible verse that tells us to worry about today only, that tomorrow will take care of itself, and today has enough worries of it’s own.
A good reminder to myself. And, by the way, I am sure that you are doing a great job with school, because you love your children and the LORD will supply.

Clay and Amanda said...

I love your commitment to God and family. I have not heard much about Kooper lately in your blog. How is he doing?
-Amanda, avid reader

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...