Friday, July 30, 2010

Country Livin'

I grew up a country girl, and I remember telling my mom I would NEVER marry a country guy. I lived 20 miles from anywhere so my summer days were spent on the ranch. I had plenty to do with my show cattle and the ordinary chores, and I loved to read. But still. As a teen, I thought there had to be something better. Little did I know!

What did I do? I went and married a country guy (almost 25 years ago!), and we've been country folk ever since...and lovin' it. The kids love it too! Except for the times they ask to go to the park and we say, "We live in a park so go play" :)

We don't have a yard fit for a magazine cover or landscaped flower gardens, but we have plenty of dirt for digging, trails for walking and sledding and lots of space and timber for Osc*r M*yer roasts. And now we have a 'prayer garden.' In their spare time, Kayden and Kenzie blazed a trail to the cross that Kolton 'planted' a while back. Country life - it's the best!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Soo cool! I am such a country girl at heart!
Thanks for the chat yesterday! It's always great to share with you!

Cari said...

very cool prayer garden. ever since living out in the country {sort of} as a kid for a couple years anyway, I have always wanted to get back there. The Lord just hasn't shown us a way, but I'm still patiently waiting. :)

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Love it! We also live in a park setting (but by no means golf-course beautiful). At this point, 3 out of 4 of our children DON'T appreciate the country setting. Apparently our slow internet, long drive to ANYWHERE, and no friends next door is cramping their style. Whatever.

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...