Saturday, March 10, 2012

Four Years Ago...

...we waited in this room...

...for this little man, Hai Zi Hao. We learned that his name, if mispronounced, means Monkey King. Oh, how fitting :)
This was our first of several journeys with Lifeline Children's Services, and our first special needs adoption journey. From start to finish, 7 months. Not.even.kidding.
Welcome to the family, Kaeleb Jon! Meeting his 'virtual twin' Kambry.
His true personality, fun-loving and always smiling, still to this day.


This year he started pre-K!
What a joy it is to watch him blossom.
Last night as he asked me a question in his usual way, saying "Mommy" 15 times until he gets the desired response, his daddy reminded me that if we hadn't said "YES" when the Lord prompted our hearts, Kaeleb wouldn't even know the word "Mommy."

I.can't.even.imagine!
Thank You, Jesus, for letting me be Kaeleb's forever mommy!

4 comments:

Laurel said...

4 years ago .. we were in Ghana, praying to bring our kids home soon.

:) :) :)

Wendy said...

Hi Connie,
I found your blog on the net and am wondering if you could help me by participating in an adoption support project? I am in school, working towards my msn and I have a big prject to do. I am doing it on the psychosocial support for those who have adopted. If you would participate by answering some questions, I would so apprecitate it. I see you are in school as well and know how difficult it can be to juggle family and school and work. Can't wait to be done. Congratulations on four years!!! Time flies with these little ones.
Please email me and I will email you a questionare to respond to. It is not long.
Thank you,
Wendy Hoff
mwhoff@new.rr.com

thesleepyknitter said...

My husband waited on that same couch last fall to bring home our oldest two!

Congratulations on four years with the Monkey king!

Naomi said...

It surely cannot be that long?!! I remember following your journey there. He is such a cute boy.

Blessings to you all,
Naomi

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...