Monday, September 5, 2016

Back to the Hospital

So...we tried to manage the fever for 24 hours, and after contacting the neurosurgeon on call, we decided to head to the ER. 

His incision site was red, hot and swollen, so I thought we'd get a round of IV antibiotics and be on our way. 

Seven hours of sitting in the ER waiting room, and I called the NEURO on call.  Within 30 minutes we were in an ER room, drawing blood, starting
antibiotics and treating the 103 degree temp.  Not long after that, we were admitted... To 9152, the same room we had left 36 hours prior.

Kaison was on round-the-clock pain meds and antibiotics and seemed to be improving slowly.  Two days later we were to be discharged.  Home health was arranged to assist with two-week antibiotic infusions, we were packed and ready, until I picked up my boy, and his incision started draining. 

So instead of home, we headed to the OR for a washout of the wound.  That was Fri, Sept 2.  

Today, Mon, Sept 5, is the first day my boy has looked better!  He has set in a chair, taken a wagon ride, and eaten. 

 But we are still waiting for conclusive results in the cultures so we know exactly what to treat and how to treat it. 

Maybe tomorrow, Maybe Wednesday.  We don't know.  But we know we are where we need to be and we are trusting the One who loves Kaison Joel even more than we do. 

Thank you for your continued prayers. 

1 comment:

arron said...

Glad to read this article, love your blog so much!


You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...