Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mommy's Days

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes 5:16-18
Man, my heart is full today. It's going to be an awesome day, I just know it. It's 'Mommy's Day.' If my work schedule permits, I try to only send the kids to daycare 3 or 4 days a week, and the other days are 'Mommy's Days.' I live for these days! Not that they're always peachy or filled with excitement, but because they JUST ARE. We get to sing silly songs, watch way too much Dora and Kai Lan, do 15 loads of laundry, make a perpetual mess in every room and play outside. Being the fool I am, I usually challenge myself to complete a never-ending 'to-do' list as well. I love a challenge ;-) When Kuyler was home last weekend he said our home is like American Idol in the zoo. I can see that! Whatever your day holds, may it be a blessing!
Please remember this precious baby Kate in your prayers today. She is recovering from heart surgery, and her mommy is doing an amazing job of updating her progress.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Hi, my name is Mandi and I just found your blog through the adoption fundraiser site. You have a beautiful family. We too are currently working on trying to finance another Chinese adoption. We have three bio kids and a daughter we brought home last May from Nanjing. We are currently in the process of adopting our son who is at New Day Foster home. We pretty much relied on our faith to get us through our first adoption, but this time we are relying on it more than ever.
I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I will be following your blog now, so you will probably come across more comments from me.

If you get a chance, stop by my blog and say hi. The April 8th post is a good place to start.

Blessings
Mandi

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...