Thursday, May 24, 2012

Parched Ground or Pool

The parched ground shall become a pool… Isaiah 35:7


This week as I read about the glory of the new kingdom, I am
also reminded of the new life God gives us here on this Earth.
My life was once a ‘parched land,’ and then I accepted the
gift purchased for me long ago with the shedding of Christ’s blood: salvation.
I’m certain He did not intend for me to enjoy the ‘pool’ only in eternity, but also as I live in this world.
Following Him can be difficult. He gives us a vision or, as I like to think of it, an invitation to join Him on a great adventure. But before the vision becomes reality, He must mold us into shape.
During the molding phase, we often lose hope of the vision. The enemy whispers lies we are inclined to believe in our weakness. We forget the Source of our strength. We may even forget the Source of the vision! We may become distracted by the temporary things. We may become busy with even ‘good’ things. We may become weary with discouragement or lack of understanding from others. Sometimes we veer from the path, thinking we can reshape the vision to our own liking. I can testify that doesn’t usually work out well.
Or perhaps, we endure the molding only to find that He
simply wanted us to say ‘Yes,’ and that is the fulfillment of the vision.

We can take heart that once God places a vision before us, He will not allow us to be satisfied with something less.

1 comment:

Jennifer P said...

Thank you for reminding me to renew my vision. Those other powers make it so fuzzy sometimes and I start to lose sight of the end run. There's no room for discouragement in this life. Amen.

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...