Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tea Eggs

You can be a hero too! Turns out all my kids love these...and that makes me very happy to make them very happy! I've tweaked the recipe to my liking and according to what I had on hand.
Tea Eggs (cha ye dan)
6 eggs
5 TBSP soy sauce
2 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 TBSP black tea leaves or 2 bags
2 tsp anise
1 small stick cinnamon (optional)
1 tsp cracked peppercorns (optional)
1)Place eggs in saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
2)Remove the eggs. With a knife, tap each egg to slightly crack the shells in 2 or 3 places (or roll in a towel - much prettier!). Return to saucepan.
3)Add all other ingredients and stir. Cover and simmer for 3 hours, adding water as necessary.
Drain and serve hot or cold.
This is very aromatic when cooking!

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...