Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sweet and Sour

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.
Phil 2:5
What do these two verses have to do with one another? Lately I've allowed my circumstances to greatly affect my attitude. The challenges have been hard; the days have been long; the path is rocky. But isn't that the test? Isn't that the test of my growth, my faith? I've been failing the test...but NO MORE! I want my attitude to be a sweet fragrance, not an awful stench...starting now!
Lord, even when my circumstances are sour, let my attitude be sweet!

4 comments:

Tami said...

oh, sweet sister...
my verses are from james 1:2-4
"consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

praying...

Kim said...

I just want you to know that the Lord uses you to encourage me all the time.

Love you and Thanks,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you Connie for being an inspiration and sharing your heart. It's nice to know that others go through the same struggles and that you're not alone. I'll be praying for you.
Love,
Tracy F.

Cari said...

thank you for sharing that...it might as well have been written by myself to myself! A little AA {attitude adjustment} can go a long way. :)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...