Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Knee Time

My heart is greatly troubled today! I'm reading about the severe persecution in Ind*a. Not from long ago, but today. Believers, pastors and miss*onaries are being beaten like animals and murdered for their faith. Some are so scared they are struggling to keep their faith. They are asking for prayer.

That's something we can all do.

As I read and watch videos about Ind*a, I realize persecution isn't just happening there, but all around the world, every single day. The images cause me to think of my Savior taking the walk to Calvary...for me! This stops me in my tracks as I think about the freedom I have to worship, to serve, to pray... and yet I take it so lightly, for granted even.

Yes, my heart is troubled. Maybe we are not able to 'go,' but we are certainly able to bow.

Will you join me today in praying for our brothers and sisters around the world? As Paul asked for prayer, so are our brothers and sisters today.

"I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there..." Romans 15:30-31

May we recognize the urgency, stop in our busy tracks and bow our hearts.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Thank you for reminding me. Your compassionate heart inspires me.

Jennifer said...

This is something that I had known about before, but after adopting my son from India it has truly burdened my heart - so much so that sometimes it's hard to watch my Christian friends continually complain about all the minor nuisances of their wonderful life. I have a church friend on Facebook that posted her status not long after the earthquake in Haiti as "Shame on..." and she went on to knock Americans for sending aid to Haiti when we had so many problems "of our own" to take care of. Sometimes I wish people would stop taking their luxurious vacations and travel to the not-so-ideal parts of the world to see just how much these people need our support and prayers and also just how wonderful their own lives really are!

I pray for God's Word to be spread all around the world, and for the Christians who are being persecuted to have strength and courage to face the terrible battles they deal with, and truly India has my heart!

Mom Of Many said...

Connie,

Thank you for taking up the cry for the persecuted Christians. I get Voice of the Martyrs, do you know that ministry? They are awesome and highlight someone imprisoned for their faith around the world...even giving addresses to write them.

I have long been burdened for these saints, since face it, it could be us (and if the world keeps going like it is) it WILL be us....

Anyway, thank you for proclaiming truth.

Praying with you...

xo

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...