Sunday, July 12, 2009

Cookies, Corn and Consistency

Bizarre title, I know, but I have a short time to say a lot :) So .... I've mentioned that Daddy Green Thumb will be on the picker at 4:30 a.m. and Team Johnson will be on the sorter/bagger at 5:30 starting tomorrow, but I think I failed to say that this week between 6 and 9 p.m. we have VBS! That means like a gazillion a few cookies, right? I love baking cookies, and my family loves eating them so this is no problem except for in spite of everything else in our crazy schedule. So my counter top now holds about 20 dozen cookies (no kidding!) for Monday night. Of course, VBS is not about the cookies, and I'm really excited to co-teach the 5th and 6th graders with April. And I know my whole family will be so pumped about Bible School at night and corn harvest in the morning that we'll have no problem dragging ourselves hopping out of the bed every day ;-)

Now ....I've been offering up a certain prayer with confidence and persistence every day this week. The Lord knew exactly what I was asking for and when. No miscommunication, no halfhearted, wishy-washy request. And this petition is in line with His character, His will and His truth. So I didn't get the answer I wanted when I wanted it, but know what, my God is still sovereign! He is still working for my best interest and His glory. There's a lot I don't know, including His timing. But this I know: He is trustworthy! For this reason, even though I didn't get the answer I wanted, I have an indescribable peace, and for that I praise Him!
The Lord sits enthroned over the flood; the Lord is enthroned as King forever. The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace. Psa 29:10-11

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry...what did you say....I can't stop thinking about the cookies........LOL!
xoxo,
A

April said...

The Lord will deliver your prayer answered just they way He wanted it, and you will say Ah thats why it seemed to take so long.

And OH those cookies look good, oh wait they were. Thanks for sending some our way!
I as well am looking forward to VBS, Im very excited to wild and crazy with a bunch of 5th and 6th graders, or should I say future youth members, Oh I hope they like us! ha ha
Good night sweetheart see you in the morning!

love always

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...