Thursday, January 29, 2009

There will be a rainbow

First, let me praise God that Kayden was coughing at 3 a.m. If I hadn't gotten up to tend to her, I wouldn't have found this ... until 5.

Second, I want to say that I have a new bloggy friend who very recently lost everything to an early morning house fire (praise God the family is fine!), and this is nothing compared to that. I got five steps into the hallway and knew there was a problem when I heard something like ... water! A line had burst under our kitchen sink and there was a half inch of water on the tile.
The utility room.
To the edge of the living room at 3:30 a.m. ...

...the living room at 6:30 a.m. My office. The water has spread throughout since this picture.


Hard to see, but this is soaked


This closet is at the very back of the house!

I needed to rearrange furniture anyway


So, why am I blogging in the midst of this?!? We've been mopping and vaccing water for 3 hours, the professionals have been called and now Clayton has to drive the school bus and I need to get the kids up for school and figure out how to keep them from staying in the two rooms that aren't yet affected. Would you please remember our family today as we 'wade' through this trial. One thing I know for sure, after every rain there is a rainbow - praise Him!

17 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh! Sweet girl!
I know you have a mess..I just think goodness your house isn't filled with WOOD FLOORS!
Put yourself some TobyMac on and crank it UP while you vac.
Thinking of you ,today.

Andrea

Tammy said...

Connie,

I'm so sorry for this! I hope all of your furnishing are okay. Praying everything gets restored quickly.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Connie...
I am so sorry. Hang in there, dear friend. If I was there, I would grab my shop vac and chip in. Sadly - I have one of the 1 gallon shop vacs and it would take me awhile to make *any* progress.
:)
Love you all!!!

tanya fifer said...

I'm so sorry Connie! Your attitude in the midst of it is pretty darn inspirational! I'm afraid I'd be leaving for a hotel with the kids and having Matt call me when it was all fixed! Praying that order will be restored to your home quickly, with no lasting damage to your furnishings!
Tanya

trina said...

Oh no!! We've had a flood or two in our married life and it's no fun. Hugs, my friend!!

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a mess!!! Hope all things get fixed soon and you are on dry land soon!!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Connie!

I'm so sorry for the flood..We've had one in our home, too. What a mess, but you're right, there's always a rainbow!!

Praying for a quick clean up!

Cindy said...

Oh Connie!
Sorry for the flooding, hopefully some rainbow will come out of! Wish I could help in some way too!

Mom Of Many said...

Hi Connie,
I wanted to stop by and thank you for joining in the friends at A Place Called Simplicity...they all have been such an encouragement...

As I checked out your blog I saw your water....oh no!! I am so sorry...what a not-so-much-fun time....My heart hurts for you, it looks awful! I pray it is restored to its original way quickly!

Your family is absolutely beautiful and I am thrilled youare "doing it again!" Yippee Jesus!!

Sending hugs from Colorado to you, Linn

Anonymous said...

Hey girl I am sorry I feel your pain....My sister has been through this and it is not fun! You guys are all in my prayers love ya tons

Mark and Lori said...

Praying for you - and your sense of humor!

Howard and Kim said...

looks like a good way to get the "deep places" in the house cleaned. :)

Seriously, I'm sorry you are having to deal with this, and you know I'll be thinking of you as you get this all taken care of.

Hang in there! I'm watching for that rainbow!
Kim

Lori said...

Oh my goodness. And to lose precious sleep on top of it! I pray things get restored quickly and enjoy picking out new carpet, right? Just trying to look at the bright side . . .

Bless you!
Lori

Blessed Family said...

Hi Connie... Oh my! Keeping you guys in my prayers. I do believe in rainbows after the rainbow.. Hugs to you. If you want a good laugh look at my blog. Take care!

Rachelle said...

Oh my, I am so sorry, I feel your pain.

www.beyond blessed.com said...

Oh my friend, I am so sorry! YUCKY!
Praying that everything gets back to normal very quickly!

Doug and Terrye said...

OH MY!!! BTDT!!! Our home was "attacked" by water/leak in October last year...posted some pictures on our blog :( I am praying from the heart of one who feels your pain

Terrye in FL

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...