Friday, October 5, 2007

It's been a week!

This has been one of those emotionally charged, roller coaster, adoption related weeks! I'm happy to say it's nearly over, and I think we've made progress. It's the kind of week that I find it easy to lose perspective. Fortunately, I know where to regain it. And this passage is just what I needed today:

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. James 1:2-3

Gotta love that James! I also regain my perspective in moments like these:
and these:
and these:
I am reminded this week that the good things in this life don't usually come easily. These "paper pregnancies" are at the top of my list right now. But it's so worth it all. This day started out on a very depressing note with the thought we might add 2 more months to our wait, but I attribute the positive outcome to the prayers of faithful friends. By next Tuesday we should have our notarized home study in hand and on its way to our agency for the authentication process. Then we'll be DTC (dossier to China) and wait for LID (log in date), and the countdown to LOA (letter of acceptance) begins. The wait is anywhere from 69 to 150 days. Then we'll wait for TA (travel approval), usually 14-45 days, then CA (consulate appointment) and leave for China! I am so ready for an update and new photos of my precious boy.

No comments:

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...