Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sports Mom

I'm into pole vaulting, long jumping, the 50 M dash, gymnastics - oh wait, that's just a day around the house.
'Tis the season of softball and football!
I love watching my teens play.
Truth is, I don't make nearly all the softball games.
My gear is atypical.  I've got a double stroller, animal crackers, sippy cups and blankies.  I'm that mom who makes 50 trips to the restroom.  I've even got an awesome camera to capture those Kodak moments...but no hands to use it.  Ah well.

My smarty-pants 9-year-old, standing beside me, just asked, "Why do we need to know this?"
Um, we don't.
But anything else I have to blog about right now is deeper than I care to think about at the moment.

Anyhoo, our softball girls start district playoffs today, and I'm gonna be there!  With.all.my.gear.
And I can't wait.
But I've gotta get back in time to finish the meal for the football team tonight.  I love to cook.  Although the people living in my house might wonder about that statement these days...
These busy days we're enjoying wolfing down a lot of sandwiches.  All in the spirit of the sports season of course!

Tomorrow night we'll all be at the football game watching Kolton's team rough it up.  It'll be a bonus night because Kinley's pom team will perform at halftime, and then we'll be hosting the 5th quarter. 
Maybe someday I will be the awesome sports mom I'd like to be - nah, probably not.
I gotta admit, it's really funny when Kasidi starts singing, "Win the battle, win win the battle..."
Totally worth it!
And that is the end of this totally random post.
Go, #2!!!
 
and #25!!!

2 comments:

Yvette said...

We are right there with you! Double stroller, jackets, bLanket, snacks and drink cuz heaven forbid some little might die of starvation by halftime LOL!

Laurel said...

I, too, am the so.not.typical "Sports Mom".

My kids all stick to spring sports until high school. Then they can add a fall sport.

We have had many, many years with 6 kids on spring sports teams . . . and 1 or 2 that we had 8 playing/running on different teams.

Favorite Sports Memory: 6 kids on 5 baseball teams (thankful twins could be on the same team). First Saturday of the season they had a Jamboree . . . where each team got to play 2 games that day . . . which meant that I had 10 baseball games to attend in 1 day (with a baby and preschooler to join me). The games were held all over town, with every team playing at 2 different fields. We left home at 7:30 am and arrived back home at 7:30 pm. I drove 75 miles without ever going more than 5 miles from home.

My Littles and I managed to make it to at least part of every game. We only had to have 1 child get a ride to their 2nd game with a friend. We "scheduled" our nap time game at a field where we could park by the outfield so that I could watch while the Littles slept in their car seats.

That was 15 years ago . . . and this past spring we "only" had 5 kids in spring sports. Yep. Sports Mama all the way . . . and LOVE it!

Laurel
mama of 12 (ages 10, 11, 12, 13, 16, 19, 21, 23, 23, 25, 27, 28)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...