Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mine...or His?




"Thank God for being able to see all that you have not yet been. You have had the vision, but you are not yet to the reality of it by any means.




It is when we are in the valley, where we prove whether we will be the choice ones, that most of us turn back. We are not quite prepared for the bumps and bruises that must come if we are going to be turned into the shape of the vision.




We have seen what we are not, and what God wants us to be, but are we willing to be battered into the shape of the vision to be used by God? The beatings will always come in the most common, everyday ways and through common, everyday people."


~Oswald Chambers~




So these 'common, everyday' things that have been a thorn in my side are actually the very things that God wants to use to shape my character? I will admit that rather than embracing them for what they are, I am rebuking and complaining about them.




But this week the Lord is gently nudging me back onto the path of the 'vision.' I can't honor Him with a complaining spirit. I can't glorify Him by running from the very tests meant to shape who I am in Him.




I constantly struggle with my right to myself. But how can I claim a right to myself and desire to be His? Sometimes being His is so.very.hard.




Offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life.


Rom 6:13




3 comments:

Jennifer P said...

So.Very.Hard!!!

The valley is necessary for a glimpse of the glory.

Running the race right along with you!

Needed this vision today.

J

The Imperfect Sojourner said...

oh, I hear you

Jolene said...

Oh, my gravy! Have you been reading my thoughts? You, so eloquently, have put into words the very depths of my heart this week. All these ordinary occurrences have piled up the point of breaking my back and I know its a test from the Almighty...I've not passed it so well. So very grateful for the Lords grace. (Go check out my post today....you state it much nicer though!)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...