Thursday, June 18, 2009

Currently Reading ...

"Reclaim the Adventure of Pursuing God."
Amazing book! I think I'm going to find myself quoting a lot of this book. For instance:
"Christianity was always intended to be a verb. And, more specifically, an action verb. ... If the twenty-first-century church said less and did more, maybe we would have the same kind of impact the first-century church did. Some of us live as if we expect to hear God say, 'Well thought, good and faithful servant!' Or, 'Well said, good and faithful servant!' ... There is only one commendation, and it is the by-product of pursuing God-ordained passions: 'Well done, good and faithful servant!'"
If you'd like to follow our now private wild goose chase, please email me.

4 comments:

Howard and Kim said...

Wild goose chase or wild God chase? I think the latter. :o)

Love you!
Kim

~Mis-Wen~ said...

NO WAY! Our church is reading that together right now and going thru the series all summer! I love it-impacting me in a big way!

Love,
Wendy

Tami said...

Thanks for my prescription the other day! I got it a few days ago and already dove into i! Awesome book.
Next on your list? Crazy Love - Francis Chan. Good stuff...

Cindy said...

Connie,
I ordered this book on your recommendation and just started reading it! I am enjoying it. Thanks for sharing!

(And don't forget that if one orders it through Love Without Boundaries' link to Amazon LWB gets a percentage of our purchases!)

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...