Saturday, December 20, 2008

Twas the week before Christmas

I love Christmas! But this year I feel like I'm spinning my wheels as far as preparations. Just today I'm mailing half of our Christmas cards. We baked our first batch of traditional sugar cookies, and I'm not nearly finished shopping. No super woman here, that's for sure! Besides that, one small person, who shall remain unnamed (she's absolutely adorable and happens to be 2) dropped the camera so it's history. We found a new camera at Staples and will have it Tuesday! In an effort to keep myself sane I'm trying to keep perspective and remember what's most important as my unproductive days zip by. This is Kaeleb's first Christmas! Though he has been mesmerized by the lights and decorations, for the most part he's left them alone. I can't wait to see his precious little face Christmas morning! This is also my dad's first Christmas with Jesus. I can't stop thinking about his life and how difficult our family gathering is going to be without him, but I always land safely in the hope that I will see him again! We all knew our time with him last year would be precious, but we didn't know it would end so suddenly, yet lingering as he struggled six months with stroke-like symptoms from the brain injury. We still praise God for every coherent moment He gave us and that Dad always recognized his family, right to the very end! Kuyler is home for Christmas break so we are all together, and that's what matters. I pray we will make great memories for our children this year.

Daddy gave goody bags to all the students on his bus route yesterday. Kayden sits right behind him and was talking to herself (which is not unusual), saying, "Candy, candy, candy. Christmas is all about candy. Why is that? I have no idea." When Daddy could keep from laughing no more he explained the candy is a gift, and at Christmastime we give gifts, just like the Magi brought gifts to Jesus, and to celebrate God's gift of love at Christmas, and if she wanted to be reminded of those gifts she could give some of her candy away as a gift. And now she gets it, Christmas is not all about candy :)
And now, back to laundry, baking, menu planning and maybe even beginning to wrap gifts ...

2 comments:

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

I'll try this again...
We just finished our last home study meeting with Karla yesterday so I was about to stop by and see how your paperchase is coming and up popped your new post (I love the new "follower" thing).

It sounds like your doing great with the Christmas preparations (we couldn't get cards out this year and I've yet to start baking).

Talk to you soon!
Tammy

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...