Monday, April 14, 2008

Back on Track

Let me out!
Kenzie's chalk art
Aahhh, time for a kiss

Daddy got Mommy a new wheelbarrow to do some yard work ... or transport her beautiful Flowers!
Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Heb 12:2-3
I am ashamed to say I really lost focus this past week. I temporarily let my circumstances steal my joy. I am so blessed, how could I succumb to my momentary troubles? The weariness of teaching two toddlers that the rules haven't changed since they attempted their naughtiness five minutes ago, and trying to stay on top of the germs and yuck of the stomach bug they've had. The engine in Kuyler's 'new' car went out while we were in China, one month after he bought it, and it will cost the value of the car to repair. More adoption debt than we've ever experienced and a miracle to alleviate it. The need to return to work but the lack of desire to do so. The stress of starting a new business this summer. My dad's rapidly declining health and refusal to accept the Lord.
Wow, did I lose sight of the Lord! I will not let these things steal the joy within! I have had a huge chip on my shoulder all week, and thank goodness it's beginning to fall away as He gives me perspective. God had blessed me so much; He has once again given us the gift of life in our family, and yet I grumble. God has once again allowed us to experience the miracle of adoption, His heart! He is the faithful One; He is the only One who is always trustworthy, and He loves us as our Creator. This week I will fix my eyes on Him!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I hear you, sister! We have had one thing after another go out in our home after our second adoption. It's gotten to the point where we are ALMOST laughing when something else goes out. I say almost......right now we are without a refrigerator for the 5th day, and hoping the part is available to fix it today.

So I will lift you up in prayer. I know where you're coming from!

But your kids sure are cute!

Sherri

Blessed Family said...

Hi Connie,

I will keep you in my prayers! I wanted to share with you something someone sent to me today...

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'


Take care,
Heidi

Sonya said...

thanks for sharing your heart! you are not alone!
Keeping you in my prayers!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings, Connie. Yes, all of these things are overwhelming at times, ( I'm still thinking of and praying for your Father) but this is when God draws us closer to Him and makes us stronger!

I need to keep my eyes on Jesus ALL of the time and off of pleasing people and being concerned with what they think of me.

Hold on to Jesus!

LifeWithTheFerrells said...

I think we are all there off and on throughout life! We seem to be hit left and right financially right now. Satan does not like us bringing these angels home from China and bringing them up in the Lord! We will win though. I will also say a prayer for your dad. I know how hard that must be.
God Bless
Tina

You Might Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...